Monday, November 11, 2013

A Normal Day - What A Blessing

After a super busy morning and early afternoon filled with non-kid activities, I came home to two girls very ready to paint. I suggested we have opening prayer and start school with painting. So we did. Noel actually seemed to enjoy telling me what to paint and then watching me do it more than doing her own painting.

Towards the end of painting, we did our opening routine stuff - date and weather, exercise. We decided that for America Moment we'd get our flag out since it's veteran's day. Then we'd stay outside and play since the girls both wanted to. They rode bikes. A neighbor stopped by and chatted with me for a long time.

When I could get everybody back in, we had a little snack and a lesson about why today is a holiday. (Thank you Wikipedia for some facts I didn't know.)

For closing class, we decided to work on preparing our script for the play Amy wants to put on at "Armstrong Days" over Christmas. She wants to do an episode of Alexander's Amazing Adventures, which is a wonderful series of episodes that are fun and interesting (even for me) and teach good values to young kids. We love them. So we transcribed part of the script.

We read a few stories and had our closing prayer.

Good day. I'm especially grateful I had the energy for all that after the hectic morning going from one thing to another.

Now Amy is practicing her reading with Grammy. They try to work on that every day. I told Amy she could still delay her chore if she chose to do that now first. It worked. :) She loves doing it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment