Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Aunts and Uncles and How School's Going These Days

Update:
Wednesday - Grammy taught school, and I went to bed.
America Moment: Map time.
Lessons: Write the date and names of states.
Amy: Books with electronic pen that reads the words.
Noel: Game (I don't know what, but I'll tell you we have played Sorry! SO MANY TIMES lately.)
Reading: They read something, but I don't know what.


Thursday - Grandma Anne School
Grandma Anne was coming so we hung out with her. We had a game of Sorry! After Grandma Anne came, the girls and half the neighborhood climbed into all parts of her truck to play. She wished it was just the girls.


Monday - My aunt and uncle came to visit. The girls and I stayed in the room so as to not be unfriendly and to get to see them. Noel and I did a reading lesson. We read a few stories together. And of course, played Sorry!


Tuesday (today) - Normal school day
That means sometimes people fought against me about participating and sometimes had a good attitude. Eliza was woken up early; I almost started to cry.
All that said, here's what we did.
For America Moment, we looked at pictures in a book of US Presidents and said their names.
I tried to choose reading lesson for lesson time because Amy agreed earlier today that she would continue doing them after all. She refused during school. We settled on drawing lessons.
Amy chose bike riding for her activity. I was cold and sat in the van.
Noel chose playing with the barn and farm animals.
We then took a pause for me to make dinner. I'm still hoping we can have closing routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment