Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy Birthday and Learning about Maine

While Noel was at Joy School, we started home school.

Today's state for our America book was Maine. I picked. I'm interested in Maine from when I visited my sister in Boston a few years ago. I just heard about how fun and beautiful day trips to Maine were. Amy and I really like doing those America book pages.

We only had 10 minutes after that before going to pick up Noel so I grabbed the sparks station tub. It has random odds and ends to be played with however kids want but only during school. See here. We had a little mobile thing Noel made at Joy School, and empty oregano container, and little penguins that used to be my mom's pajamas. Amy decided we should fish. It was quick, fun and creative. And Amy decided she liked the spark station. She was making plans for another time of playing with it that gave me another idea.

After picking up Noel, we did the kids' picks. Eliza wanted us to sing happy birthday to each other. :)

Noel picked the game 100 and Out I taught them recently. We learned a little bit more of how to add in the process.

Amy chose snack time.

With that, we stayed at the table and did a crossword puzzle from the Friend magazine for closing class. Then I made lunch and read them an Uncle Remus story while they ate for Reading class.

After a week of touch-and-go sickness, it was awesome to have a school day with our school routine. This week we did have a couple reading marathons and one visit to laptime and story time. So those were fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment