Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wednesday and Thursday, October 8 and 9, 2014

Yesterday:

Choosing Day: Mom

Opening Prayer: Eliza

Move Your Body Class: Cosmic Kids Yoga

Water Class.

Stand and Share.

Memorize Class: Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers

Pledge of Allegiance.

Science Class: Observation using binoculars and magnifying glasses. We went on a walk and looked a bunch of stuff. I think the coolest was a heart shape in a spider's web. Then we walked to our friends, the Millers' to examine their sand. We ended up inside "helping" Anne do a project for our family work, but we weren't much help.

By the time we got home, Amy had a stomach ache. We put the rest of school on hold seeing if she'd feel better. She didn't the rest of the night. So that ended school. I did some study - reading and writing my own self.

Today:

Choosing Day: Noel

Opening Prayer: Eliza

Move Your Body Class: Cosmic Kids Yoga

Water Class.

Stand and Share.

Memorize Class: Toy Boat

Pledge of Allegiance

Presidents Class: We made word strips of all the US presidents' names on them. I made another copy during reading/ writing/ drawing class. They can be a matching game. Or we can draw one out of a jar one day and learn something about that president. The girls were pretty into it. We got talking about how all of the presidents made some good and some bad choices. I told them that when I didn't like a president's choice it was because they didn't follow the constitution or they did things to hurt liberty. Those are the things important to me in leaders. I told them some people wouldn't want me teaching them that and wouldn't want me to home school but many people do. They were all for the fight for liberty. I love that. :) I mentioned to Amy that using these word strips would be like America Moment which we did last year. She said she forgot about America Moment and wanted to do it again. I'm all for it.

Rest: Noel said she had a stomach ache and wanted a rest so we got pillows and blankets and listened to Dr. Seuss's Sleepybook on the computer while resting. She wants to include rest time regularly at school. I'm sure not opposed.

Activity: Some random game outside that involved blindfolds, hiding pillows and a little hide and seek. Noel just loves to be in charge and to make up the rules and sometimes does it a little as she goes. You never quite know what we are doing.

Reading: Homer Price.

Family Work: Gather all the trashes from the house.

Lunch.

Reading/ Writing/ Drawing Class: Interview day. Eliza wanted me to guess a secret with NO CLUES. She's hilarious. Amy and I wrote in her notebook as usual. Her goal is to read the whole Book of Mormon. I finished some previous time study. I still want to do a little Constitution study but haven't gotten there yet. Noel didn't get an interview. She fell asleep.

Closing Prayer: Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment