Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An Ordinary Perfect School Day

Today was just Amy and me at school; the other two were tired. I like the one-on-one time with Amy. She was very involved today, enjoying the activities but with a short attention span for each one.

For Mom Class I decided to read with her a book in a series that my mom used to teach us how to read. I taught Amy the three names in the book and how to look for the capital letters to give her a clue when there would be a name. She read the names throughout the book and did very well. She seemed to like the activity. We talked about all the things she already has done/ does that help with reading like memorizing, looking at pictures, knowing her letters and some of the letter sounds. She was excited that she's doing some reading.

Then she read me a book called Over in the Meadow, singing and getting many words right and the rhythm and repetition of the book totally right. I don't remember even reading it to her. I was so impressed! She said Aunt Melissa read it to her a few times. Awesome.

Amy chose Spanish lesson for her first activity. She only last 3 pages - short for her.

Next we did puzzles - word searches for her. She probably found 4 or 5 words - that's only a few for her.

Then she let me choose the last activity. We played Crazy 8s twice, each winning once.

Then she was ready for closing routine. We read Dooby Dooby Moo for our book.

It was a pretty perfect school day. Fun, short activities. She was engaged and interested and happy. She sat by me or on my lap a lot. I like that part too. I love these days where she is happy and helpful and relatively calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment