Monday, March 4, 2013

The School Day that may not have Happened

Today Amy needed to clean up her room before school because I was frustrated about how messy it was AGAIN. I told her cleaning her room could be school or she could clean it quickly and then have school for school.

Then Noel freaked out and earned consequences of a nap and cleaning her room herself. Instead of her room, I asked Amy to clean some of the kids stuff that had been messed in my room. She did it so efficiently and so well that we were able to have a full school day. Wahoo!

Mom class was doing SODAS. (See www.teachingselfgovernment.com for more of that.) Because of some poor choices Amy had made, we discussed choices and their advantages and disadvantages.

For Amy's activities, we had the shortest sword fight ever, snack time of apples and popcorn, and 3 stories.

Now she wants to be done because she wants to copy what I wrote in our SODAS papers. She likes practicing her writing.

I love the feeling of a school day with Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment