Friday, April 19, 2013

Bunk Beds and Study Time

Yesterday morning I taught Joy School on an hour and a half's notice because the mom who was going to teach had sick kids.

In the afternoon I was planning to have home school, but Amy and Noel started playing together nicely downstairs while I studied upstairs, and they just kept doing it. I realized that I could call Joy School school for the day and keep studying and allow my kids some good bonding time together. Win. Win. Win. I loved my afternoon. They stayed happy and kind most of the time. (We'll not talk about the state of the downstairs bathroom; it looks like they had fun. :)

Eventually they came up, and Noel suggested we play bunk beds. That means we get all the couch cushins and pile them on top of each other. Then you play. The girls had recently earned a motivator (a positive consequence) of playing bunk beds with a parent so I jumped on the chance to fulfill that. Besides bouncing, we ended up acting out the story of Horton Hatches an Egg which the kids are really into right now. It was perfect because Joy School right now is all about imagination and creativity, and we act out a lot of stories. This went right along with that.

So today we probably won't have any school as we did four days this week. But who ever knows exactly what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment