Monday, April 29, 2013

Reading Reading Reading and Grandpa's Almost 100.

Today we read about my Grandpa Packer for Mom Class. It is Grandpa's 100th birthday this Friday, and many of us are going to celebrate by being in the temple together. We read about his funeral (which was 18 years ago.) We also read many nice things people said about him at this time. I liked reading about the many temple workers and patrons he and Grandma hosted in their home and sometimes drove back and forth to the temple. In a remembrance note from my other grandma (my dad's mom), I learned that my uncle and aunt and their seven children lived with my Packer for two months when they were moving to California and that my grandparents would not let them pay. I am grateful for a heritage of generous service and sacrifice.

Amy chose Peter and Jane books for her first activity - we read four of them - and a reading lesson for her other activity. (Can we tell she wants to learn to read?)

Next we're heading outside for weeding class. I hope to get a lot of weeding done this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment