Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mom Class was a Spanish Lesson. We read the last story in our Smurfs comic book. Next Spanish lesson we'll start a new Smurfs comic book. We had fun laughing in today's story about a smurf who was really confused and kept asking everyone if they knew where his chicken was. (I'm sure you had to be there, but we thought it was funny.)

Amy chose snack time for her first activity, requesting that we play "Don't eat Pete." My neighbor taught her and other kids that at her house, but I never saw the little boards or saw it played. We decided to go ask her how to play, but she wasn't home. We'll have to do that another time.

Next Amy chose "Reading Marathon." I love reading marathons (as long as the books aren't boring ones.) (In fact, Amy and I had just been talking before we started that when I am pregnant again (not imminent but hoped for at some point), we would probably have a lot of Reading Marathon days at home school because I would need to rest a lot, especially at first. That may be why she thought of that for today.) We each chose some books. I found "The Little Prince" on the shelves which I've never read but have wanted to. We started with "Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch (which is funny) and then started "The Little Prince." I had to take a little pause to help Noel on the potty. When I came back, Amy was asleep. haha.

I offered to Noel to pick an activity for kindergarten, but she wanted to continue sitting on her potty in front of the Christmas tree. (We set it up last night. I am glad that Matt and I see eye-to-eye on the issue of Christmas before Thanksgiving. It is so allowed at our house.) So I think that's the end of kindergarten for today. But I may be wrong. Either Amy or Noel could request more, and I would be fine with that. Funny Amy. She can be so intense; I think she tires herself out. Fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment