Monday, January 14, 2013

Early Out Day

Today was a simple quick day. Done with school before 3:00 pm? Unheard of.

We started with a little ballet movie and some costumes. I checked out a Baby Ballet movie from the library last week, and the girls enjoyed watching it on Saturday. That day we didn't get out leotards and tutus, and they really wanted to watch it again, this time dressed appropriately. So we got out the costume box. Couldn't find the leotards. Then the movie didn't work out. Bummer. Amy settled for Clifford the Big Read Dog costume. We all settled for youtube ballet.

Noel got to join us for that activity but really needed a nap today so she went down after that.

Amy and I headed downstairs, had our opening routine, and prepared her Family Home Evening lesson for mom class. Though we read a scripture story together and discussed different things about it, I have NO IDEA what she will be sharing tonight for her lesson. That's ok with me though. She said she's ready.

Amy chose Chutes and Ladders for the next activity. I won so she started me over and we kept playing. When I won again, she was tempted to do that again but then started just goofing off. So we cleaned up the game to move on.

The next activity Amy chose was sword fights. She lent me her blow up shield she got from Christmas and used her blow up sword. I used my paper sword I made months ago at school. She had her back pack for her shield. She won three rounds of sword fights. (She was the judge.)

Now we're going to read our scripture story and be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment