Friday, January 11, 2013

Three Little Girls Playin in the Water

Today was an awesome day at school.

For Mom Class we made a morning routine chart for Amy. I still have some work to do on it; maybe I'll remember to post a picture when I'm done. The mom class was semi interesting and semi boring for the kids so their attention waxed and waned. At one point, Amy was spotting Eliza and holding her up to reach the light switch. She proudly showed me how Eliza could turn the light on and off and told Eliza, "I'm so proud of you!". It was really cute.

Amy talked at the beginning of school about wanting to see about snow melting so before we started opening routine and mom class, Amy went outside to get some snow in a bucket while I cleared out the sink. Throughout opening routine and mom class we came to check on the snow. Amy's theory was that it would turn to water.





She was convinced that she was right in her theory because the snow really did turn into water ...when she added water.


Suddenly the experiment turned into coloring water with food coloring. After pouring in the colors (which made it a really unappetizing almost black color) Amy said, "Now we're going to make a suit for a boy to wear to church in case we have a boy. The red part will be his tie."

Eliza was as into it as her sister, maybe more so. She kept filling up a bottle, putting the nipple on top, and trying so hard to drink. Then she dumped a bunch on herself.

At one point, the items they put in the bucket were buried treasure.

As much as I wanted to be present and involved in the fun, I also didn't want to miss the funny and great stuff that was happening to record. So when the camera's memory card got full, I quickly got some pictures off. In the meantime, Eliza climbed in the sink, now full of yucky colored water and the bucket with more of the same. She was up past her waste (fully clothed), trying to drink from the bucket or any utensil she could use.




Finally we cleaned up that mess and moved to the bathtub to continue some fun. Here are some of those highlights (none caught on film since naked children were involved):

playing with water whistles Amy got for Christmas. Different amounts of water in them produce different pitches. The girls were playing songs and asking me to guess which songs they were. Amy didn't think I was very good at it. (I'm not.) Sometimes I don't think they have the song picked before I start guessing and just agree to one they feel like agreeing to.)

Sam bows. My three-year-old nephew, Sam is hilarious. Any time you ask him to take a bow, he'll do it, but each bow is unique. He just puts him body in some awesome pose. The only thing you can be sure about is that it will be funny and awesome. So I told the girls to do some Sam bows. They kept popping up in funny different poses, sometimes staying still, sometimes wiggling. We were laughing our heads off.

Eliza opted for climbing in and out of the bath many times and sitting on the potty while she was out.

At one point, wanting to bring myself into the fun, I suggested the girls pretend they were on a boat and that the real water was the rest of the bathroom. They were all over that. When Eliza became a man overboard, they decided to fish her out with the fishing pole that was Amy whistles held together. When she wouldn't grab on, I was called upon to save the day as the friendly helper giant. Then everyone wanted to go overboard and be saved.

I finally requested the girls let me wash them. They decided they were now in the bath tub part of the boat. Amy said that there was a bath tub on the boat and that there was our whole house on the boat. Finally she excitedly declared that it was a house boat.

As we were finishing up washing kids, Eliza decided to dive into the tub, arms and head first. The other girls thought that looked like so much fun that they started too. Unfortunately, the game ended when Amy bonked her shoulder and cried and cried. We got everyone out dressed, and hair combed, and FINALLY went back down to finish Mom Class. (It was interrupted by checking on the snow which evolved to all that other stuff.)


Now it's 6:15 pm.  Matt's home and making dinner. Amy fell asleep on the couch. And I'm finally blogging about what we did.

Like I said, an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment