Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Everyone gets a Turn. Still, Amy Wants to be In Charge

Today we prepared for tomorrow's Joy School day during Mom Class. Amy was interested while the job was getting boxes together for an activity. Noel liked when I practiced the song with actions. Other than that, they just played. Not such an interesting activity for them. Sometimes that's how Mom Class goes. I'm sometimes surprised by what is flies and what flops.

Amy chose the art kit for her activity. She kept telling Noel and me that we had to draw the same pictures the same way she did. We used markers, crayons, scissors, tape and glue. A toy hourglass told us when time was up.

Noel chose "go hiking" after Amy suggested it. Following others' ideas is not always Amy's strongest point. They climbed on the couch and then jumped to the other couch and jumped to the floor which was the water. I skipped out of that activity as Eliza had pinched my ear hard and pulled on it just a little bit before, and now I have a headache. Didn't think jumping would help.

Eliza wanted a book for her activity and then only sat through a few pages while Amy stayed. I guess she didn't love that book. She does like books a lot of the time, but that one didn't seem to interest her.

The girls were sad when I said we were having closing routine, wanting to choose more activities, but they seemed to have moved on. They have both done a few things since we stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment