Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday September 30, 2014

Choosing Day: Noel

Dropped Eliza and Noel off at Joy School. (The teacher said Noel could stay and be a helper.) Quick stop at library to drop books off/ pick up a hold. It was a Magic Tree House Book. Amy is finished with it.

Skipped opening routine today.

Class: State Page - Connecticut (my choice). We got way distracted learning about Yankees and Yankee Doodle. Did you know it's the state song for Connecticut?

Picked up Joy School Kids

Activity: Play with tone bells.

Reading: Magic Tree House #4 (Pirates Past Noon)

Family Work: Living room and hallway

Lunch.

Reading/ Writing/ Drawing: Girls were into their sparks today. Noel wanted to learn a lot about Fancy Nancy. Did you know there's a musical of it? She colored a coloring page of it and was read a story online. Amy got interested in Robin (as in, Batman's sidekick.) (Did you know robin is the state bird of Connecticut? That's why she learned about Robin. We looked up images of robins when doing our state pages.) I was still interested in learning a little more about Yankee Doodle and Yankees. When Wikipedia mentioned A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (Mark Twain), I thought that sounded intriguing too. It mixes a few things we've become a little interested in - yankees and King Arthur.

I also updated my personal prayer list. My mom updated me on her investigators who are on my prayer list. I still have a tab open on my computer to read about "A House Divided" - Abraham Lincoln's speech.

Much better day than yesterday. I've been trying to ease up on myself about what time we start school - not stress about when it is. I think I've taken that farther than I want. Today I felt like we didn't have near as much reading/ writing class time as we wanted. (It's 3:41, and I'm not done. :)) I want to start school earlier. The routine and rituals for this year are definitely still being worked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment