Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday September 24, 2014

Yesterday was another Joy School day at our house so we didn't have any school afterwards.

This morning I decided it was time for another library day. We had talked about learning about rainbows, and I wanted to check out some books about them. I also wanted to get another book for our ancient history/ mythology class. (Theseus and the Minotaur was such a great hit.) Plus we had an overdue book and a Magic Tree House book to pick up that was on hold.

We spent the morning getting ready - sorting through our 54 books already checked out and finding quite a few to turn in. We decided to shoot for getting there for Laptime and Storytime. We made it. After story time we read a few books together and played a little and then went to get a few more books.

We also got the first book in the Fairy Realm series to read together. I'm hoping it will be interesting for Noel - my child least likely to be interested in chapter books being read aloud. She still likes books well enough; I just want to make it a little more fun for her. Amy's not hard to please. :)

We got some more things to listen to in the car as well.

By the time we got home it was lunch time.

Reading and writing class found Noel playing with calendars and reading to herself, Eliza about the same. Amy read a whole Magic Tree House book and is almost finished with a second one, all in a less-than-two-hour reading class time. We read one chapter of the Fairy Realm book.

I did my Constitution study and worked on my vocabulary list. (I rotate through 4 different books that I study during reading and writing class, one each day of the week in theory. I am making a vocabulary list from the words I circled and wrote in definitions for as I have been reading Jesus the Christ. There are plenty.)

Closing Prayer: Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment